Thursday, July 6, 2017


Every once in a while, I pay a visit to one of our local Dollar Tree Stores.  Recently,
I did just that, and I found packages of disposable flatware that looked too good
to pass by.  Eight silver and black, sturdy place settings for $ l.00.  I also found
attractive black and white designed placemats for a dollar each. 
 

Here I used them with Costco sturdy disposable/reusable plates, for a casual luncheon. 


Of course a few fresh flowers and a candle, make everything look better.


Right?  Thank you Dollar Tree, for providing some fun surprises for people like me.

 
 This week, while keeping our three grandchildren, I let our
granddaughter use the purchases to set up her pretend tea
party.  She also used the empty yogurt jars and a
faux carnation that I had in the cupboard, to finish her
tea party table top.
  

This was the plate of food that she served to me:), in the early morning hours
of her play time.


I purchased extra fruit in anticipation of their visit.


Along with the place settings, I had also purchased a bag of 12 forks of the same
design.  Here I chose to serve my fruit, using the forks.  It was a fun way to serve
fresh fruit and dip.  She loves helping me in the kitchen, and I enjoy teaching her
ways to add beauty to food served, especially using my dollar finds.


It is a cloudy, overcast day here, so I thought I would share a touch of sunshine with you.
This basket of sunflowers were on the floor of a local market we visited on Friday.
Thank you for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I got those same placemats at our $Tree some time back and I love using them with my red or black dishes. And, I've seen that pretty disposable flatware as well and think I'll pick some up on my next trip. Happy weekend!

Judy said...

Great finds at your dollar store! I love how you served up the fruit and dip. I am putting those sturdy disposable plates on my Costco shopping list as well. Thanks for your on-going inspiration!

corners of my life said...

Okay heading to the Dollar Tree tomorrow. You are every so clever.

Lovella ♥ said...

Judy, I just love the idea of using forks as fruit skewers! Such great ideas here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails