Monday, February 1, 2016


When it is a weekend, and you are babysitting for your grandchildren. 

When the snow is still in abundance on the outside, and the little ones have already

been inside for the past week, you need to pull out all the stops and find something

to entertain them for the morning.  That is where one of the blessings of the blogging

world comes into play.  Recently, I visited a blog of a gifted lady, that presented me

with a very helpful idea.  The blog is ...

http://vistawoman.BlogSpot.com/search?q=building+with+cups

She had purchased colorful, big, plastic cups and shared what a big hit they were,

and some of the creations that her grandchildren did.  So, off to Walmart I went,

before visiting our daughter and family.  I purchased two big packs of plastic cups,

in blue and red.  I would have liked if there were more colors, but I took what they

had.

This was a hit with the children, and they actually spent hours playing with them,

both Saturday and Sunday.











When they were ready to move on to another activity, their grandfather taught them the
correct way to clean up and stack.


And of course, naptime took up some of the winter afternoon, for these two:).

Thanks dear Vista Woman, for providing us with a great way to pass time inside.

This might be an idea you would want to share with your children.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Who would have ever thought?! I'm going to remember the Solo cups when I keep our little great niece next time. She's 2 1/2. :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, what a great idea! I'll pick some up on my next Wal-Mart visit. Thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

Fantastic idea! Thank-you. It looks like your sweet grands had the best time visiting you over the weekend!

Christine said...

Glad to reciprocate! You have inspired me many times.
Look at the creativity!

Anneliese said...

I'll have to go and get myself some cups!!

corners of my life said...

Now isn't that just some old fashioned fun.
Who needs fancy toys when Grandma has cups?
Pulling out all the stops" indeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails