Tuesday, December 6, 2011


I found a good "Instant Hot Cocoa Mix" at "Mama's Fixins" blog and decided to use the recipe to create some small needed gifts for Christmas.  Since hot chocolate and Christmas go together in my mind, I thought it might make a fun gift.



Mama's Fixin's Recipe;

1~ 8 quart box of nonfat dried milk
1  cup of powdered sugar
7 oz. non dairy creamer (Cremora)
1 lb. Nestle's Quik mix or 2 3/4 cups
1 small box of instant pudding

Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Store in sealed container.
To make 1 cup of cocoa,
mix 1/3 cup of mix per 1 cup of boiling water.




I collected empty "Starbuck's Frappuccino Coffee Drink" bottles from my mother.   I removed the labels.  I spray painted the lids a dull silver color.




I found the cutest vintage tags on "misscutiepiegoes80s.blogspot.com/".  I appreciate her free gift of being able to download the tags.  I downloaded sheets of these vintage style Christmas tickets, added a light coat of glue to them, and sprinkled them with extra fine glitter.  When they dried, I cut them out, punched a hole in the tag and  tied them on with ribbon.  I think they will be a fun gift to hand out to others during the holidays.  Instructions for making a cup of cocoa, are written on the back of the tags.




I might want to add a cellophane bag of mini marshmellows too.
Simple, inexpensive gift idea from my kitchen today.

"The greatest good of every giving is-
 when the giver is in the gift."
~George Macdonald

16 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those jars are so pretty and festive. A perfect gift from the kitchen. Thanks so much for sharing.

Christie said...

I have been meaning to drop by and thank you for your kind words at three pixie lane! The timing was perfect, as I have been looking for a good hot chocolate recipe to give for Christmas! These are so wonderful and I love that you recycled the bottles. I love the tags and how you made them special with the glitter! I am determined to make and give some homemade marshmallows this year, but only wanted to make and give with some hot chocolate. Thank you! I will post how it all turns out! Thank you again for your kindness. It means so much! Christie

Judy said...

So pretty...and such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing.

Love Being A Nonny said...

This is the recipe my mom always made. It's so so good!

debi said...

Yes, yet another idea I will use!!!

Hugs!

debi said...

Judy what kind of pudding...chocolate?

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a lovely idea. You are oh so creative!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this. I've been searching and searching for a fun, easy gift idea...and I just found it. <3

Kim~

Just a little something from Judy said...

Dear Debi,
I use either chocolate or vanilla instant pudding, depends what I have on hand. I think we favor the chocolate though. It does taste good either way.

Barb said...

Hi Judy, this is delightful...the best part of Christmas...giving.

I love it.

Barb ♥

Happy@Home said...

Thank you for sharing yet another "little something" for us. This sounds like such a tasty hot chocolate recipe and the presentation is so pretty. I think the jars you used are so cute and a great way to recycle.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Just think of me as your Texas copykat friend! I am SO making these little bottles of cocoa mix!! You always have the best ideas... Martha should be reading YOUR blog! :)

xo

Christine said...

I'm reading this just in time!
This is a great idea and a must for my gift list.
Thank You!

Lovella ♥ said...

OH that is such a fantastic little recipe. I love the way you decorated up those sweet jars of cocoa mix. Someone will be happy.

Stacey said...

How adorable!!

Crickit said...

What a great gift. I love how you used the Starbuck's bottles. Thank you for sharing this. This is a fun, easy and cute gift! :)

Sheryl said...

JUDY!!

I don't know how long I have been reading. Getting lost in your pictures, stories of family and just catching up on your life. You and your family are indeed blessed!!

Love to you,
sheryl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails